Website launches are always times of accomplishment. Building my Mom’s art website was truly a unique and special project!
Donna-Fay needed a website to showcase and sell her textile artwork online. With tourism to the Gulf Islands in decline and her studio closed to visitors, it was becoming difficult for Mom to sell her work. Although we had a website redesign in the queue, I decided to fast-track her project before the 2020 Holiday and Christmas Season.
The goal was to create a website that merged a gallery with an online store. I wanted to build a site that would not only display her work, but also reflect how stunning and unique it is. I also wanted to create an eCommerce solution that made purchasing straightforward and seamless.
I accomplished all of this with a custom website build, integrating both WordPress and WooCommerce frameworks. The site was optimized for fast loading and ease of use. Additional, custom coding made the WooCommerce backend as simple and streamlined as possible.
Now my Mom’s site shows her artwork to advantage. It’s easy for visitors to use the site, and purchase the work interests them.
• Complete website design and build
• WooCommerce setup – including payment processing and shipping
• Complete setup of all products (artwork) and categories
• Complete setup of email templates and customer invoices
• WordPress fully managed hosting
• Ongoing website and store management with support