At Web242 Media Inc. (web242), your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Click to open or close
At Web242 your personal information is collected for the purposes of providing hosting and other website services. We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other details to help you with your experience.
We may use the information we collect from you (as outlined above) in the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions and orders.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests, via email or our ticket support system.
- To send important emails regarding your order or other products and services, such as order receipts, service announcements, as well as payment and renewal reminders.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. You have the option to unsubscribe from our newsletter emails at any time.
We take our clients information and security very seriously at Web242. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. We do not store any financial or credit card information.
For security purposes, Web242 does collect and store your IP Address when you signup, place an order, or visit our website. This information is solely used for our internal security. Such information would only be shared as required by the extent of Canadian or U.S. law.
Your IP address used to access the site, may also be logged or masked along with the dates and times of access by Google Analytics. This information is not shared and purely used to analyze trends, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of Web242 and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, and establishes requirements for commercial messages. It also gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred (from which you can easily unsubscribe).
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT to use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses,
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Contact us and ask to be removed from our email lists. Please note that emails related to your order (such as payment or renewal reminders) are necessary to conduct business with you.
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We will promptly remove you from ALL marketing or promotional correspondence.
While we take every precaution for our client’s information, we cannot be held liable for any breeches of security beyond our control. By use of this website, you understand the risks of providing such personal information, and claim complete indemnity on our behalf.
The contents of this statement may be altered at any time, at our discretion.